By now you’ve learned how important a sports bra is to your active lifestyle. So make sure you get the most out of your investment! A good sports bra, if properly cared for, should last an active woman about a year before it loses its shape and support. Here are our top tips for keeping your sports bra in check.
HAND WASH IF POSSIBLE
- Fill your sink with lukewarm water and gentle detergent. We recommend Nathan Sport Wash, which is specially formulated for athletic gear! (It is available in all Marathon Sports locations)
- Soak your bras for a little bit; gently rub fabric together to remove dirt/sweat.
- Rinse in cool water.
- Squeeze out extra water and lay flat on a towel to dry.
IF YOU CAN’T (OR DON’T WANT TO) HAND WASH!
- Fasten all hooks and straps and place in a lingerie or mesh bag if you have one.
- Wash on delicate cycle in cool or cold water with gentle detergent. We recommend Nathan Sport Wash, which is specially formulated for athletic gear! (It is available in all Marathon Sports locations)
- Don’t use fabric softener; it can clog the fabric and shorten the life of the bra.
- When you take your molded cup bras out of the wash, reshape the cups with your hands. Don’t wring out or stretch the bras.
- Always hang to dry. Avoid using the dryer because the heat will break down the spandex and you will lose elasticity. If you do happen to use the dryer, don’t use dryer sheets – they can clog the fabric and shorten the life of the bra.
Make sure that you know when your sports bra needs replacement and our guide to getting the best fit!
Oh no! It looks like we’re not able to display products on this page right now. While we work on patching things up, please visit our full online store. [collection-error]