Governor Baker made an announcement on December 22nd, that Massachusetts would have new temporary restrictions on capacity limits within retail stores from December 26th through January 24th. For Marathon Sports, this means our stores capacity has been reduced to 25% (excluding staff) and our fitting rooms need to remain closed. This means we are open for shopping, no appointment necessary.
Throughout this process we’ve had certain safety precautions in place to keep both our staff and our guests safe. Rest assured knowing that we take this very seriously, and provide a safe environment for everyone who walks through our doors.
Here’s what you can expect when you visit one of our physical locations:
Safety Comes First
- We ask that everyone who comes into our physical store locations, please respect the health and safety of yourself and our staff by adhering to our posted policies.
- We’ve outlined procedures for our staff to continue to provide our award-winning Right Fit™ service while adhering to all safety standards.
Offering curbside pick up, in-store shopping, virtual Right Fit™ appointments, and online shopping
We have implemented a number of new ways to shop with us minimizing contact with others. We will be continuing some of these services to keep options open for those who would still like to shop from the comfort of home:
- Contactless Curbside Pick Up is still available at all locations! It’s a fast, easy and safe way for us to get you the product you need to Keep Your Life in Motion. Click here to learn more.
- Virtual Right Fit™ Appointments are still available for you to chat live with one of our Fit Experts. All you need is a laptop, tablet, or mobile with access to a camera. Click here to learn how.
- Shop Online. Our products are available 24/7 by shopping online with us. Just click Shop in the navigation to start your journey.
Asking everyone who enters a Marathon Sports store to use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Employees will be required to wear face masks at all times.
- Employees will be required to sanitize hands before/after checking out a customer
- We will have an employee at front door who will spray customer’s hands with hand sanitizer prior to entry or provide new gloves for customer
- We are also requiring all customers to wear face coverings while at a Marathon Sports location, and are providing disposable face coverings for anyone who doesn’t have them. We are asking our community to take this simple action to help us keep our employees and customers safe.
Implementing social distancing standards
- Our fitting stations will be held to a maximum of 2 customers per group at all times (space permitting). Please limit how many people you are coming in to the store with.
- Maximum of 25% capacity in store at all times (staff and customers). Smaller stores may have a reduced capacity based on store layout and size which will be clearly outlined.
- Our shoe fitting areas will be repositioned to keep a safe distance from each other and other high contact areas in the store.
- Social distancing markers will be implemented where appropriate.
- Everyone is expected to be practicing social distancing as appropriate when in the store.
- No group runs or in-store events will be taking place until further notice.
Enhancing cleaning procedures
- Specialized cleaning schedule outlined that we are following at the beginning of the day, before/after each customer interaction and at the end of the day.
- We are sanitizing each fitting area and the point of sale after each fitting and transaction.
- Dressing rooms will be closed until further notice.
- When possible doors and windows will be opened to improve air flow.
- For now, Credit Cards are our preferred method of payment to decrease contact; however, cash/check will be accepted.
- Our bathrooms will be closed to the public until further notice.
Thank you for taking the time to read through our new safety guidelines. With your help we can help slow the spread.