After two months of in-store shopping being closed, we are ready to begin reopening our stores. As you may expect, we are reopening with the health and safety of our customers and staff as our number one priority. You’ll notice some changes to the in-store shopping experience. These changes are all being implemented with guidance from national, state and local authorities to ensure we are operating in compliance with the current restrictions in place. As we move forward in this new normal, please be patient with our new policies.
Here’s what you can expect in this first phase of reopening for our physical locations:
Safety Comes First
- We ask that everyone who comes into our physical store locations, please respect the health and safety of yourself and our staff by adhering to our posted policies.
- We’ve outlined procedures for our staff to continue to provide our award-winning Right Fit™ service while adhering to all safety standards.
Offering curbside pick up, in-store shopping, virtual Right Fit™ appointments, and online shopping
Over the past two months, we have implemented a number of new ways to shop with us minimizing contact with others. We will be continuing some of these services to keep options open for those who would still like to shop from the comfort of home:
- Contactless Curbside Pick Up is still available at all locations! It’s a fast, easy and safe way for us to get you the product you need to Support Your Every Step. Click here to learn more.
- Virtual Right Fit™ Appointments are still available for you to chat live with one of our Fit Experts. All you need is a laptop, tablet, or mobile with access to a camera. Click here to learn how.
- Shop Online. Our products are available 24/7 by shopping online with us. Just click Shop in the navigation to start your journey.
Asking everyone who enters a Marathon Sports store to use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Employees will be required to wear face masks at all times.
- Employees will be required to sanitize hands before/after checking out a customer
- We will have an employee at front door who will spray customer’s hands with hand sanitizer prior to entry or provide new gloves for customer
- We are also requiring all customers to wear face coverings while at a Marathon Sports location, and are providing disposable face coverings for anyone who doesn’t have them. We are asking our community to take this simple action to help us keep our employees and customers safe.
Implementing social distancing standards
- Our fitting stations will be help to a maximum of 2 customers per group at all times (space permitting). Please limit how many people you are coming in to the store with.
- Maximum of 10 people in store at all times (staff and customers). Smaller stores may have a reduced capacity based on store layout and size which will be clearly outlined.
- Our fitting areas will be repositioned to keep a safe distance from each other and other high contact areas in the store.
- Social distancing markers will be implemented where appropriate.
- Everyone is expected to be practicing social distancing as appropriate when in the store.
- No group runs or in-store events will be taking place until further notice.
Enhancing cleaning procedures
- Specialized cleaning schedule outlined that we are following at the beginning of the day, before/after each customer interaction and at the end of the day.
- We are sanitizing each fitting area and the point of sale after each fitting and transaction.
- Dressing rooms will be closed until further notice.
- When possible doors and windows will be opened to improve air flow.
- For now, Credit Cards are our preferred method of payment to decrease contact; however, cash/check will be accepted.
- Our bathrooms will be closed to the public until further notice.
Thank you for taking the time to read through our new safety guidelines. With your help we can help slow the spread.