Job Opening: Marathon Sports IT Manager
Job Type: Full Time / Salary
Compensation: Based on Experience
About our Company
Marathon Sports LLC is a constantly developing and evolving company that began operations back in 1975 when we opened our first brick and mortar run specialty store in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are a committed group of passionate individuals who have come together to build a thriving award-winning brand that has grown to include 18 brick & motor locations across New England. We have many segments of our company that provide opportunity for growth in; entrepreneurship, retail operations, E Commerce sales, digital marketing, social media, and management training can lead to development here or with any of the top tier vendors we partner with in the fitness industry.
Why Work Here?
We know building a company that positively impacts the community requires extraordinary people. We also know building an environment that focuses on creating truly memorable experiences for customers and staff is exactly what extraordinary people are looking for in a workplace. Our company is challenging, requires unconventional thinking and keeps you moving. If that sounds interesting, please read on.
We’re seeking an experienced IT manager who can join us on this journey, using their technological skills to make us more efficient. This role has three components: traditional IT management, scholastic media management, and e-commerce support.
In the IT management Role, you will analyze our current systems and assets, recommend, and implement solutions and upgrades, and provide training. Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of network maintenance, experience managing staff, and advanced industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
This role will lead our scholastic media operations, facilitate live stream events, manage web traffic, meet operations, and connectivity with our stores, and ecommerce site.
In an ecommerce support function, you will be a member of the e-commerce team charged with driving
digital sales and experiences.
Objectives of this Role
• Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers,
email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
• Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative. This would include
reviewing and launching ERP solution in Q1
• Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
• Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
• Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
• Enhance scholastic audience and sales through digital media productions
• Support the e-commerce team through analysis of digital marketing performance, SEO optimization
on the e-commerce site, and site conversion performance
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Analyze department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency, and accuracy
to inform business decisions
• Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of
capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions
• Continuously analyze current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement
• Prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analyzing vendors
to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for company needs
• Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when
• Develop and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups as needed
• Oversight of the scholastic media business
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science
• 5+ years’ experience in IT management
• Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (MS Exchange,
Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems), current equipment and technologies,
enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring
• Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions
• Proven leadership skills
• Strong creative and analytical thinking
• Professional certifications
If you are qualified please send along your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for the role to [email protected]